1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 lbs ground beef
1 large onion, diced
1 large green pepper, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
Salt & pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp. beef bouillon
1 Tbsp. Cumin
2 Tbsp. Chili powder
1/4 cup sugar
1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes or 28 oz tomato sauce
1 15 oz can Rotel, original or hot…your choice
1 15 oz can Ranch Style or kidney beans
- Set Instant Pot to ‘Saute’. When ‘Hot’ add oil and then the ground beef, onions, green pepper and garlic and cook through.
- To cooked meat mixture add: salt & pepper, beef bouillon, cumin, chili powder and sugar, mix well and let simmer for 2 or 3 minutes so flavors can incorporate.
- Add crushed tomatoes, Rotel (entire can, liquid too) & beans, mix well.
- Turn Instant Pot off. Put lid on and ensure that the steam valve is closed.
- Set Instant Pot to ‘Manual’, adjust to high pressure and cook for 10 minutes.
- When timer goes off, turn Instant Pot off and do a natural pressure release (NPR) until pin drops. (Will take about 10 minutes)
- When pin drops, remove lid and serve with your favorite toppings…ours are Fritos, shredded cheese and sour cream.