IP Low Country Boil
This is super easy and quite yummy. We have some ‘no spice’ family members so we opted to only use the ‘spicy’ seasoning on the side.
5 cups chicken broth
1/2 large chopped onion
1 Tablespoon garlic powder
1 stick butter
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 lbs shrimp
2 pkg smoked sausage
1 lb Red potatoes, halved
6 ears of corn, cut into thirds
If you want your meal spicy, add the following to the liquid
3 tsp Creole seasoning (for individual spice just sprinkle on individual servings
**1 tablespoon liquid shrimp & crab boilServes 4 adults and 2 children well.Cook on High temperature, manual for 4 minutesRemove corn, add shrimp, stir, put corn back in. Close lid and let sit for 3 or 4 minutes so that the residual heat cooks the shrimp.Voila! Now enjoy.
Kelsea’s Instant Pot Sesame Chicken
2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1/4 c soy sauce
2 Tbsp honey
3 Tbsp mirin
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp sesame seeds
2-3 green onions, sliced
Rice & vegetables for serving
- Remove any excess fat from chicken
- Place chicken in IP.
- Whisk together soy sauce, honey, mirin, garlic, ginger and sesame oil and pour over chicken.
- Place lid on IP, closing the lid and setting vent to ‘sealing’.
- Set on ‘Manual, High Pressure’ for 6 minutes.
- When the timer goes off do a Quick Pressure Release. When all of the pressure has been released, remove the lid and remove the chicken and set to the side.
- Turn the IP on saute and gently boil until the sauce is thick and sticky, about 7 or 8 minutes.
- Place the chicken back in the IP stirring to coat and then heat through.
- Serve over rice with your favorite veggie. Don’t forget to sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup
1 pound broccoli, chopped
8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
1 small onion, diced
3 cups chicken broth
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup shredded carrots
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
8 ounces cream cheese
- Place diced onion, carrots, chopped broccoli, nutmeg, cream cheese and chicken broth in the Instant Pot.
- Turn pot on Manual, high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Do a quick release and stir well. A whisk will help to smooth out the cream cheese.
- Stir in heavy cream.
- Place Instant Pot back on saute for about 5 minutes to heat through. Do not bring to boil
- Stir in cheese until smooth and well incorporated.
Instant Pot Swiss Steak
- 2 pounds sirloin roast, cut into individual sized pieces
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 (16 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine flour, salt & pepper and dredge meat pieces to get a nice coating of the flour mixture on each piece of meat.
- Turn IP to sauté. When it is HOT add oil and a couple of pieces of meat. (Too many pieces of meat at once and it won’t brown) Brown on both sides and remove from IP. Continue until all of the meat has been browned. Turn the IP off.
- Combine green pepper onion, tomatoes, water, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Return all of the meat to the bottom of the IP and cover with the tomato mixture (gravy/sauce).
- Place the lid on the IP, ensuring that the pressure relief valve is set to sealing.
- Set the IP to Meat/Stew or high pressure; set timer for 30 minutes.
- Once timer goes off let the pressure release naturally for about 15 minutes; after 15 minutes manually release any remaining pressure.
Instant Pot Pork Chop Dinner
Rub for pork chops
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 2 to 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 potatoes, peeled & chunked
- 4 – 5 large carrots, peeled chunked
- 4 tablespoons butter, for the mashed potatoes
- 3-4 tablespoons milk, for the mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mix together the rub ingredients and season the pork chops liberally on both sides. Reserve remaining rub to add to pot later, if desired.
Turn the Instant Pot to Saute. When the Instant Pot is hot, add pork chops to the pot and brown on both sides. You may have to brown in batches.
Remove the pork chops and set aside. Add the stock to the Instant Pot and scrape up any browned bits of goodness that might be on the bottom of the pot. Add both the onion and the potatoes to the Instant Pot. Place the steamer rack (that comes with the Instant Pot) on top of the potatoes and lay the carrots across the rack. Place pork chops directly on top of carrots.
Place the lid on the Instant Pot, lock in place and be sure the seal is set to ‘Sealing’. Turn Instant Pot to Manual High for 12 minutes. When timer goes off, turn the Instant Pot off and do a Natural Pressure Release (NPR) for 12 minutes.
Remove the pork chops and carrots to a platter, tent to keep warm and let them rest as you prepare the potatoes & gravy.
- Remove potatoes from the Instant Pot and put them in a bowl, leaving the liquid behind in the Instant Pot.
- Roughly mash the potatoes with 4 tablespoons of butter and the 3 to 4 tablespoons of milk, to desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Make a slurry by placing two tablespoons flour in a small bowl or cup. Add 1/2 cup cream, slowly, stirring constantly with a fork until mixture is smooth. (I have a gravy shaker that works great for this!)
- Turn the Instant Pot back to Saute. When the liquid in the Instant Pot boils add the slurry, stirring with a whisk until the mixture thickens. This happens pretty quickly.
- Pour gravy into a gravy boat or bowl immediately so that it doesn’t burn.
1 lb. ground meat
1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
1 cup onion, diced
2 cups smoked sausage, diced
1 tbsp. minced garlic
2 cups uncooked long grain white rice
2-4 tbsp. Creole Seasoning
1 tbsp. soy sauce
2 1/2 cups water
2 cups chicken broth
- Brown ground beef, onion and red pepper on medium-high heat. Cooking until onion is translucent.
- Add sausage and cook just until sausage is cooked through.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, a minute or two.
- Reduce heat to low; add rice, creole seasoning, soy sauce, water and chicken broth, stir well, combining all ingredients.
- Cover and simmer 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
Instant Pot Ham & Cheesy Potatoes Augraten
5 Potatoes, peeled & sliced thin
1/4 cup diced onion
1 – 2 cups chopped ham
2 cups heavy cream
4 oz shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
4 oz shredded Cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp butter
Salt and Pepper to taste
In a small saucepan, melt butter and saute onion until onion is tender.
Add heavy cream and let simmer until thick and bubbly about 3 minutes or so.
Add in cheeses and stir until melted; set aside.
Layer potatoes, ham and cheese sauce and repeat until pan is full.
Add 1 cup of water in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place pan on the trivet inside the pot.
Cook on manual high pressure for 35 minutes. Do a quick release.
Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake
This cheesecake was well received at our family Christmas. Even my son who isn’t much for compliments had two pieces! (that’s about as good as a compliment as I’ll get…but I’ll take it!)
Needed for the Crust:
- 12 whole Oreo cookies, crushed into crumbs
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
Needed for the cheesecake:
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 8 whole Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
Needed for the topping:
- 1 cup whipped cream or whipped topping
- 8 whole Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- chocolate sauce, optional
- Spray the inside of a 7 inch spring form or push pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together the 12 crushed Oreo cookies and melted butter and press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan.
- Place pan in freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. When smooth add the sugar and mix until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well before adding the second egg. Add in the flour, heavy cream, and vanilla and mix until smooth. Fold in 8 chopped Oreo cookies and pour batter into prepared pan.
- Cover the top of the pan with a piece of foil to keep condensation off the top of the cheesecake as it cooks.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of water into the Instant Pot.
- Place the cheesecake pan on the rack and carefully lower both the rack and the pan into the Instant Pot, using the handles on the rack. If your rack doesn’t have handles you may want to use a ‘foil sling’ to assist with this.
- Lock the lid into place and make sure the vent is closed. Press the “Manual” button and cook on high pressure for 40 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot beeps, hit the “Keep Warm/Cancel” button to turn off the pressure cooker. Allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes and then do a quick release to release any pressure remaining in the pot.
- Carefully remove the cheesecake from the pot to a cooling rack. Uncover the cheesecake and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Once the cheesecake has cooled, refrigerate it for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- Before serving, top with whipped cream, chopped Oreo cookies, and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
Instant Pot Beef Stew
- 1 lb. beef stew meat
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose four
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp Ketchup
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 can cut green beans, drains
- Place the flour, salt and pepper in a storage bag, shake to mix. Add the stew meat and shake to coat.
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté, when ‘Hot’ place the butter in the pot. When the butter is melted add the stew meat and onions. Cook the meat and onions, stirring occasionally. Don’t stir too often as that prevents the meat from getting a nice brown, crispy exterior.
- Combine the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, minced garlic and Ketchup. Pour the beef broth mixture into the pot and stir to dissolve the browned morsels on the bottom of the pot.
- Add the vegetables (carrots, potatoes & green beans) to the Instant Pot. Give all the ingredients in the pot a good stir.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the pressure release valve to ‘Sealing’. Push the “Meat/Stew” button and set time for 30 minutes. When the timer goes off, turn the Instant Pot off and do a Natural Pressure Release (NPR) for 15 minutes, at that point do a Quick Release (QR) of any remaining pressure.
- Open the lid and give the contents a good stir. If stew isn’t desired consistency, turn to ‘Sauté’ and thicken using a mixture of flour and water.
Instant Pot Complete Meal in OneAn ENTIRE meal made in the Instant Pot?? It can be done…honest! Delicious meatloaf, creamy mashed potatoes and yummy carrots. I’m willing to bet you’ll make this one over and over…we will!For the Meatloaf:
For the Meatloaf Topping:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, oatmeal, cornflakes or other binder
- 1 eggs
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Potatoes:
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 3 lbs. yellow potatoes, washed and quartered
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 4 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
Place the potatoes in the bottom of your Instant Pot in an even layer. Pour the chicken broth over the top. Place a wire rack over the top so it lays flat.
Mix the ingredients for the meatloaf (minus the topping) in a large bowl (you can use your favorite meatloaf recipe instead of the above too). Shape the meat mixture and place on a piece of aluminum foil. Shape the aluminum foil up and around the meatloaf. Combine the ketchup and brown sugar and spread over top of the meatloaf. Place the meatloaf on one side of the rack.
Place the carrots on another piece of aluminum foil and shape the aluminum foil up and around the carrots. Top the carrots with 2 tablespoons of butter. Place the carrot packet next to the meatloaf packet in the Instant Pot.
Place the lid on your Instant Pot and lock in place. Turn the Pressure Valve to ‘Sealing’. Set your Instant Pot to ‘Manual’ and cook on ‘High Pressure’ for 20 minutes. When the timer goes off turn the Instant Pot off and do a Quick Release (QR).
Carefully lift the meatloaf and carrots out of the Instant Pot, set aside.
Drain any remaining liquid from the potatoes and then add remaining ingredients: half and half, butter, salt & pepper (or use your favorite mashed potato recipe). Mash/whip until smooth and creamy.