1 pound broccoli, chopped
8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
1 small onion, diced
3 cups chicken broth
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup shredded carrots
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
8 ounces cream cheese
- Place diced onion, carrots, chopped broccoli, nutmeg, cream cheese and chicken broth in the Instant Pot.
- Turn pot on Manual, high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Do a quick release and stir well. A whisk will help to smooth out the cream cheese.
- Stir in heavy cream.
- Place Instant Pot back on saute for about 5 minutes to heat through. Do not bring to boil
- Stir in cheese until smooth and well incorporated.
My husband doesn’t get overly enthusiastic about anything so when he told me that he ‘really, really, really, really enjoyed’ this soup, I knew I had a winner! Give it a try, I’ll bet you love it too!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large carrots, peeled & thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 package (12-ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 3 ounces fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1 cup (8 ounces) heavy cream
Melt butter in a large soup pot.
Add onion, garlic, carrots, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Saute until veggies are tender, about 5 or 6 minutes.
Whisk flour in until mixture is crumbly.
Slowly add broth whisk until combined and there are no clumps.
Bring soup to a boil.
Add frozen tortellini and spinach.
Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until tortellini is tender and heated through.
Stir in heavy cream; bring to a steady boil and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until smooth and thickened.
Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
Taste for salt and pepper, and adjust accordingly.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 4 14 oz. cans chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups half and half
Select Saute and add butter to the Instant Pot. When butter is melted, add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Add 1 can chicken broth, salt, pepper, and parsley to the onions.
Put the steamer basket in the Instant Pot. Add the diced potatoes. Lock lid in place, select High Pressure and 4 minutes cook time and start. When timer goes off, turn off pressure cooker do, a 5 minute Natural Pressure Release (NPR) then manually release any remaining pressure. Remove potatoes and steamer basket from the pot and set aside.
In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 2 tablespoons water. Select Simmer and add cornstarch mixture to the pot stirring constantly. Add cubed cream cheese and shredded cheese. Stir until cheese is melted and smooth. Add remaining cans of chicken broth, half and half and cooked potatoes. Heat through but do not bring to a boil.
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 lbs ground beef
1 large onion, diced
1 large green pepper, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
Salt & pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp. beef bouillon
1 Tbsp. Cumin
2 Tbsp. Chili powder
1/4 cup sugar
1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes or 28 oz tomato sauce
1 15 oz can Rotel, original or hot…your choice
1 15 oz can Ranch Style or kidney beans
- Set Instant Pot to ‘Saute’. When ‘Hot’ add oil and then the ground beef, onions, green pepper and garlic and cook through.
- To cooked meat mixture add: salt & pepper, beef bouillon, cumin, chili powder and sugar, mix well and let simmer for 2 or 3 minutes so flavors can incorporate.
- Add crushed tomatoes, Rotel (entire can, liquid too) & beans, mix well.
- Turn Instant Pot off. Put lid on and ensure that the steam valve is closed.
- Set Instant Pot to ‘Manual’, adjust to high pressure and cook for 10 minutes.
- When timer goes off, turn Instant Pot off and do a natural pressure release (NPR) until pin drops. (Will take about 10 minutes)
- When pin drops, remove lid and serve with your favorite toppings…ours are Fritos, shredded cheese and sour cream.