5 Potatoes, peeled & sliced thin
1/4 cup diced onion
1 – 2 cups chopped ham
2 cups heavy cream
4 oz shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
4 oz shredded Cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp butter
Salt and Pepper to taste
In a small saucepan, melt butter and saute onion until onion is tender.
Add heavy cream and let simmer until thick and bubbly about 3 minutes or so.
Add in cheeses and stir until melted; set aside.
Layer potatoes, ham and cheese sauce and repeat until pan is full.
Add 1 cup of water in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place pan on the trivet inside the pot.
Cook on manual high pressure for 35 minutes. Do a quick release.
An ENTIRE meal made in the Instant Pot?? It can be done…honest! Delicious meatloaf, creamy mashed potatoes and yummy carrots. I’m willing to bet you’ll make this one over and over…we will!
For the Meatloaf:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, oatmeal, cornflakes or other binder
- 1 eggs
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Meatloaf Topping:
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
For the Potatoes:
- 3 lbs. yellow potatoes, washed and quartered
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 4 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
Place the potatoes in the bottom of your Instant Pot in an even layer. Pour the chicken broth over the top. Place a wire rack over the top so it lays flat.
Mix the ingredients for the meatloaf (minus the topping) in a large bowl (you can use your favorite meatloaf recipe instead of the above too). Shape the meat mixture and place on a piece of aluminum foil. Shape the aluminum foil up and around the meatloaf. Combine the ketchup and brown sugar and spread over top of the meatloaf. Place the meatloaf on one side of the rack.
Place the carrots on another piece of aluminum foil and shape the aluminum foil up and around the carrots. Top the carrots with 2 tablespoons of butter. Place the carrot packet next to the meatloaf packet in the Instant Pot.
Place the lid on your Instant Pot and lock in place. Turn the Pressure Valve to ‘Sealing’. Set your Instant Pot to ‘Manual’ and cook on ‘High Pressure’ for 20 minutes. When the timer goes off turn the Instant Pot off and do a Quick Release (QR).
Carefully lift the meatloaf and carrots out of the Instant Pot, set aside.
Drain any remaining liquid from the potatoes and then add remaining ingredients: half and half, butter, salt & pepper (or use your favorite mashed potato recipe). Mash/whip until smooth and creamy.
Come and Get it!
Try this, you’ll like it! Chicken, noodles, veggies all in a creamy sauce…what’s not to like about this comforting dish?!
- 1 pound boneless cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
- 16 oz bag frozen mixed vegetable
- 16oz egg noodles
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Add chicken, vegetable and noodles to Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper over all.
- Pour four cups chicken broth over top of everything.
- Place lid on and lock in place. Be sure vent is set to ‘Sealing’.
- Cook on Manual, High Pressure for 5 minutes.
- When timer goes off, turn IP OFF and then do a 5 minute Natural Pressure Release (NPR).
- After five minutes, turn the vent to ‘Venting’ and release any remaining pressure.
- Give the contents a good stir to incorporate everything.
- Turn the IP to ‘Saute’.
- Stir in the heavy cream and let it cook for 2-3 minutes or until it thickens into a sauce-like consistency.
I am not a baker. I don’t care to bake. I’m not sure why…perhaps it’s the amount of ingredients necessary or the number of steps involved but baking is just not my thing. However, this recipe is easy peasy and sinfully delicious. For this particular dish…I don’t mind baking one bit!
The recipe below is for a 9×13 inch pan, however, there is now way Michael and I could eat all that so the recipe is easily halved.
- 1 box refrigerated pie crust (package of two)
- 2-1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 2-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 4 tsp vanilla
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups pecan halves
- Vanilla Ice Cream for topping
- Preheat oven to 425. Lightly grease a 13″ x 9″ glass baking dish and set aside. Roll out one of the pie crusts to fit the baking dish. Trim the edges, if needed.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs until well combined. When nice and smooth, stir in the chopped pecans.
- Pour or spoon half of the filling into the crust.
- Roll out the second pie crust to fit the baking dish and place over the top of the filling. Lightly spray pie crust with cooking spray.
- Bake 14-16 minutes or until browned. Remove from the oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 and carefully spoon or pour remaining pecan filling over the crust. Arrange the pecan halves over the top and bake another 30 minutes or until the center is set. Let cobbler cool for 15-20 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Fresh from the oven
Oh yeah….ready to eat
The very first time I made this, I made it for a demo at an RV rally and it came out PERFECT. An easy first time recipe that is almost fool-proof.
2 pound bag of frozen meatballs
3 cups water
16-18 ounces penne pasta (the bag I used was 17.6 ounces)
24 ounces pasta sauce, jarred or home made
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes, optional to add some heat (or any other spices you’d like to add)
- Add meatballs to the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Pour 3 cups of water over the meatballs.
- Add pasta over the meatballs and water.
- Pour pasta sauce over the pasta.
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes over the pasta sauce, if using
- Do not stir.
- Cover and lock the lid.
- Make sure pressure release valve is closed or set to ‘Sealing’.
- Select “Manual”mode, high pressure and set time to cook for 6 minutes for al dente or 7 minutes for a softer pasta.
- The Instant Pot will beep when it finishes cooking the pasta and meatballs. Turn the Instant Pot off by pushing the ‘Keep Warm/Cancel’ button.
- Manual turn the pressure release valve to ‘Venting’ and be careful to watch out for the steam that will be released as the pressure is released.
- Once the pressure is released, removed the lid, give everything a good stir to combine and enjoy!
So easy, so tasty!