1 lb. ground meat
1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
1 cup onion, diced
2 cups smoked sausage, diced
1 tbsp. minced garlic
2 cups uncooked long grain white rice
2-4 tbsp. Creole Seasoning
1 tbsp. soy sauce
2 1/2 cups water
2 cups chicken broth
- Brown ground beef, onion and red pepper on medium-high heat. Cooking until onion is translucent.
- Add sausage and cook just until sausage is cooked through.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, a minute or two.
- Reduce heat to low; add rice, creole seasoning, soy sauce, water and chicken broth, stir well, combining all ingredients.
- Cover and simmer 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
An ENTIRE meal made in the Instant Pot?? It can be done…honest! Delicious meatloaf, creamy mashed potatoes and yummy carrots. I’m willing to bet you’ll make this one over and over…we will!
For the Meatloaf:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, oatmeal, cornflakes or other binder
- 1 eggs
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Meatloaf Topping:
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
For the Potatoes:
- 3 lbs. yellow potatoes, washed and quartered
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 4 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
Place the potatoes in the bottom of your Instant Pot in an even layer. Pour the chicken broth over the top. Place a wire rack over the top so it lays flat.
Mix the ingredients for the meatloaf (minus the topping) in a large bowl (you can use your favorite meatloaf recipe instead of the above too). Shape the meat mixture and place on a piece of aluminum foil. Shape the aluminum foil up and around the meatloaf. Combine the ketchup and brown sugar and spread over top of the meatloaf. Place the meatloaf on one side of the rack.
Place the carrots on another piece of aluminum foil and shape the aluminum foil up and around the carrots. Top the carrots with 2 tablespoons of butter. Place the carrot packet next to the meatloaf packet in the Instant Pot.
Place the lid on your Instant Pot and lock in place. Turn the Pressure Valve to ‘Sealing’. Set your Instant Pot to ‘Manual’ and cook on ‘High Pressure’ for 20 minutes. When the timer goes off turn the Instant Pot off and do a Quick Release (QR).
Carefully lift the meatloaf and carrots out of the Instant Pot, set aside.
Drain any remaining liquid from the potatoes and then add remaining ingredients: half and half, butter, salt & pepper (or use your favorite mashed potato recipe). Mash/whip until smooth and creamy.
Come and Get it!