This is one of my favorites. It’s super easy and great for company of for a movie night meal.
1 lb ground beef
16 oz sour cream
8 oz cream cheese
1 pkg taco seasoning, divided
1 – 1 1/2 c shredded lettuce
1 medium tomato, diced
8 oz package shredded cheddar cheese
Brown hamburger meat and add 1/2 package of taco seasoning. Combine sour cream, cream cheese, and remaining 1/2 package of taco seasoning. In a 9×13 pan layer: cream cheese mixture, ground beef mixture, lettuce, tomatoes, & cheese.
1. We like to use this as an entire meal. Omit the ground beef for use as just a ‘dip’.
2. You could easily add any of the additional ingredients: taco sauce (layered on top of the cream cheese mixture), refried beans (as bottom layer), black olives, onions, etc.
3. Great for potlucks! Goes quickly!
3-4 lb Chuck or Arm Roast
½ Cup Beef Broth
½ Cup Pepperoncini Juice
1 envelope Ranch Dressing Mix
1 envelope Au Jus Gravy Mix (or Brown Gravy Mix)
¼ Cup Butter
- Add roast to pressure cooker.
- Pour the broth and juice over the roast
- Combine mixes (ranch & gravy) and then sprinkle over roast.
- Place pepperoncinis on top of the mixes.
- Then top everything with the butter.
- Cook on manual, high pressure for 90 minutes.
- When timer goes off turn pressure cooker OFF.
- Then do a natural pressure release (NPR) for 15 minutes and then do a quick release (QR) to release any remaining pressure.
*This is a recipe that was served to us at an Amish home in northern Indiana.
3 lb ground beef
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups cracker crumbs
1 cup milk
1 cup tomato juice
Diced onion, to taste
3 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup catsup
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 Tablespoon mustard
Combine all meatloaf ingredients and form into a loaf. Cover loaf with topping.
Bake at 300 for 2 hours.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Lightly sprinkle steak with olive oil and spices. Gently rub the oil and spices into both sides of the steak.
Place steak in Air Fryer, set temperature to 400. I cooked for 14 minutes for a well done steak and 10 minutes for a medium rare steak. Flip the steak half way through the cooking time.
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 lbs ground beef
1 large onion, diced
1 large green pepper, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
Salt & pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp. beef bouillon
1 Tbsp. Cumin
2 Tbsp. Chili powder
1/4 cup sugar
1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes or 28 oz tomato sauce
1 15 oz can Rotel, original or hot…your choice
1 15 oz can Ranch Style or kidney beans
- Set Instant Pot to ‘Saute’. When ‘Hot’ add oil and then the ground beef, onions, green pepper and garlic and cook through.
- To cooked meat mixture add: salt & pepper, beef bouillon, cumin, chili powder and sugar, mix well and let simmer for 2 or 3 minutes so flavors can incorporate.
- Add crushed tomatoes, Rotel (entire can, liquid too) & beans, mix well.
- Turn Instant Pot off. Put lid on and ensure that the steam valve is closed.
- Set Instant Pot to ‘Manual’, adjust to high pressure and cook for 10 minutes.
- When timer goes off, turn Instant Pot off and do a natural pressure release (NPR) until pin drops. (Will take about 10 minutes)
- When pin drops, remove lid and serve with your favorite toppings…ours are Fritos, shredded cheese and sour cream.
My husband is a ground beef lover so anything I make with ground beef goes over well. However, goulash is a definite favorite and this recipe was a hit.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 3 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14.5 oz) can whole kernal corn, drained
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups dry elbow pasta
- Turn IP to ‘Saute’ and when pot says ‘Hot’ add 1 Tbsp olive oil. Add onions and saute 3 minutes then add garlic and saute 1 minute longer.
- Add ground beef, season with salt and pepper and cook until browned. Drain excess fat.
- Add the beef broth, crushed tomatoes, Worcestershire and drained corn. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir well.
- Stir in pasta. Place lid on Instant Pot and make sure the release valve is set to sealing. Cook on ‘Manual’ setting for 4 minutes.
- When when the timer goes off do Quick Release (QR).
Serve with warm crusty bread for a yummy comfort meal.