My husband is a ground beef lover so anything I make with ground beef goes over well. However, goulash is a definite favorite and this recipe was a hit.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 3 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14.5 oz) can whole kernal corn, drained
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups dry elbow pasta
- Turn IP to ‘Saute’ and when pot says ‘Hot’ add 1 Tbsp olive oil. Add onions and saute 3 minutes then add garlic and saute 1 minute longer.
- Add ground beef, season with salt and pepper and cook until browned. Drain excess fat.
- Add the beef broth, crushed tomatoes, Worcestershire and drained corn. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir well.
- Stir in pasta. Place lid on Instant Pot and make sure the release valve is set to sealing. Cook on ‘Manual’ setting for 4 minutes.
- When when the timer goes off do Quick Release (QR).
Serve with warm crusty bread for a yummy comfort meal.