- 4 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 large eggs (I used 3 cuz we like ours eggy)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I used a tad more to make it a bit more creamier)
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
Put water in bottom of Instant Pot and then place a steamer basket into the pot. Place the potatoes and the eggs in the steamer basket. Lock lid in place, select Manual, High Pressure and 4 minutes cook time and press start, ensuring that the steam valve is closed.
When the timer beeps, turn the Instant Pot off and do a quick pressure release (QR). When the pressure is released, carefully remove the lid. Carefully remove the steamer basket from the pot. Put the eggs into ice cold water to cool.
In a large bowl, combine the onion, mayo, pickle relish, salt & pepper and mustard. Add cooled potatoes and gently mix the mayonnaise mixture into the potatoes. Peel and dice the cooled eggs and gently stir into potato salad.
Chill before serving.