- One small chicken – about 4 pounds
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Sprinkle all sides of the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Turn on the sauté setting and add in the oil. When the oil heats up, place the chicken in breast-down and brown and then turn on each side and brown each side.
- Lock the lid into place and set the valve to “sealing.” Select “Poultry” and then set the to high. Set the time to 20 minutes.
- When the 20 minutes is up do a quick release (QR). Turn the chicken over and then cook for another 15 minutes on poultry setting on high pressure.