1 lb. ground meat
1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
1 cup onion, diced
2 cups smoked sausage, diced
1 tbsp. minced garlic
2 cups uncooked long grain white rice
2-4 tbsp. Creole Seasoning
1 tbsp. soy sauce
2 1/2 cups water
2 cups chicken broth
- Brown ground beef, onion and red pepper on medium-high heat. Cooking until onion is translucent.
- Add sausage and cook just until sausage is cooked through.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, a minute or two.
- Reduce heat to low; add rice, creole seasoning, soy sauce, water and chicken broth, stir well, combining all ingredients.
- Cover and simmer 25 minutes or until rice is tender.