I am not a baker. I don’t care to bake. I’m not sure why…perhaps it’s the amount of ingredients necessary or the number of steps involved but baking is just not my thing. However, this recipe is easy peasy and sinfully delicious. For this particular dish…I don’t mind baking one bit!
The recipe below is for a 9×13 inch pan, however, there is now way Michael and I could eat all that so the recipe is easily halved.
- 1 box refrigerated pie crust (package of two)
- 2-1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 2-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 4 tsp vanilla
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups pecan halves
- Vanilla Ice Cream for topping
- Preheat oven to 425. Lightly grease a 13″ x 9″ glass baking dish and set aside. Roll out one of the pie crusts to fit the baking dish. Trim the edges, if needed.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs until well combined. When nice and smooth, stir in the chopped pecans.
- Pour or spoon half of the filling into the crust.
- Roll out the second pie crust to fit the baking dish and place over the top of the filling. Lightly spray pie crust with cooking spray.
- Bake 14-16 minutes or until browned. Remove from the oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 and carefully spoon or pour remaining pecan filling over the crust. Arrange the pecan halves over the top and bake another 30 minutes or until the center is set. Let cobbler cool for 15-20 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream.