The very first time I made this, I made it for a demo at an RV rally and it came out PERFECT. An easy first time recipe that is almost fool-proof.
2 pound bag of frozen meatballs
3 cups water
16-18 ounces penne pasta (the bag I used was 17.6 ounces)
24 ounces pasta sauce, jarred or home made
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes, optional to add some heat (or any other spices you’d like to add)
- Add meatballs to the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Pour 3 cups of water over the meatballs.
- Add pasta over the meatballs and water.
- Pour pasta sauce over the pasta.
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes over the pasta sauce, if using
- Do not stir.
- Cover and lock the lid.
- Make sure pressure release valve is closed or set to ‘Sealing’.
- Select “Manual”mode, high pressure and set time to cook for 6 minutes for al dente or 7 minutes for a softer pasta.
- The Instant Pot will beep when it finishes cooking the pasta and meatballs. Turn the Instant Pot off by pushing the ‘Keep Warm/Cancel’ button.
- Manual turn the pressure release valve to ‘Venting’ and be careful to watch out for the steam that will be released as the pressure is released.
- Once the pressure is released, removed the lid, give everything a good stir to combine and enjoy!