Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
I’ve tried several recipes for Beef Stroganoff over the years and nothing really ‘struck’ me until I tried this one. This dish was tender, tasty and easy…three of my favorite things!
- 2 pounds Round Steak (cut into strips)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp tomato paste, tomato sauce or ketchup (all work fine)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup mushrooms (sliced)
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1 cup sour cream
1. Turn Instant Pot on to ‘Saute’, when hot add oil and then saute onions until translucent.
2. Add beef strips and brown.
3. Sprinkle flour over beef and onions and cook for a minute or so.
4. Add garlic powder, salt & pepper, tomato paste, sauce or ketchup, Worcestershire, mushrooms and beef broth. Stir until combined.
5. Place lid on Instant Pot, lock in place and ensure that the vent is set to ‘Sealing’.
6. Set to ‘Manual’, ‘High Pressure’ and set time for 14 minutes.
7. When timer goes off turn the Instant Pot off and do a Natural Pressure Release (NPR) for 10 minutes and release any remaining pressure by turning the valve to ‘Venting’.
8. If the sauce isn’t thickened to your liking you can remove a cup of liquid and add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and whisk until smooth. Slowly add the liquid back into the Instant Pot, whisking as you go.
9. Add sour cream and stir until combined.
10. Serve over egg noodles, rice or mashed potatoes.