- 4 pound pork shoulder
- 8 ounces root beer
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chile powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cut pork shoulder into 8 pieces.
- Add brown sugar, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, chile powder, and cayenne pepper to a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Coat pork with half of the mixture.
- Turn Instant Pot onto ‘Saute’ and brown all pieces pork and then set aside.
- When all pork is browned
- Turn Instant Pot off and cover with the root beer.
- Close the lid and turn the vent to sealing. Cook on high pressure for 60 minutes and let pressure release naturally, about 20 minutes.
- Remove pork from pressure cooker and shred with two forks.Season with remaining spice mixture as needed.
**Awesome served over a baked potato, topped with cole slaw.
One thought on “Instant Pot Pulled Pork”