- 1 pound dried northern beans
- 8 strips of bacon, uncooked, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 ½ cups chicken stock
- ½ cup molasses
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar (I like my beans a little sweeter so next time I’ll add a little more brown sugar)
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Soak beans in a large container overnight (or at least 6-8 hours) in just enough water to totally cover them.
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Turn your Instant Pot on to the “Sauté” mode.
- Add chopped bacon and sauté until the bacon is crisp.
- Remove bacon to a plate lined with a paper towel to drain.
- Using the fat from the bacon, sauté the onions until translucent.
- Slowly add the chicken broth to the Instant Pot.
- Scrap bottom of Instant Pot to remove the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add molasses, ketchup, brown sugar, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and bacon to the onions in the pot and stir to combine.
- Stir in the soaked beans.
- Select “Manual” mode, “high” presure and set for 55 minutes. Turn valve to ‘Sealing’.
- When timer goes off, turn off the pressure cooker and do a 10 minute NPR (natural pressure release).
- After 10 minutes do a QR (quick pressure release) to release any remaining pressure.
- If not to desired consistency or too ‘saucy’ turn on ‘saute’ mode and cook until your liking.
One thought on “Instant Pot Baked Beans”