- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and sliced very thin (about 3 cups)
- 1 can (10.75 oz) cream of mushroom soup (or cream of celery)
- ¼ cup cream
- ½ cup beef stock
- 1½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Lightly grease an 11 x 7-inch baking pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Brown ground beef and onion; drain
- Mix the soup, garlic powder, pepper, stock and cream in a bowl
- Layer half of the potatoes in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Pour half the soup mixture over the potatoes.
- Top with half the ground beef mixture
- Sprinkle half of the cheese on top
- Repeat with second layer.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in pre-heated oven.
- Check for potato doneness in center of casserole after 1 hour. May be cooked an additional 30 minutes if potatoes are not soft after 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and let casserole stand for about 10 minutes.
- Slice it lasagna style and serve
SLOW COOKER DIRECTIONS
- Brown ground beef & onions as in main recipe; drain.
- Layer as in main recipe, but in a large slow cooker.
- Cook approximately 3-5 hours on highHIGH or 6-8 hours on LOW