I like to cut a watermelon (cantaloupe, muskmelon, honey dew, etc) into bite size cubes to be kept in a large bowl in the refrigerator to make it easier to pack lunches, serve, or snack. I’ve found that this way of cutting makes for an easy and short task of cutting any size melon.
1. Cut both ends off of the melon
2. Carefully cut of the rind around the sides of the melon, removing any excess you may have missed.
3. Cut the melon in half and then cut each half horizontally into slices.
4. Slice the melon vertically lengthwise
5. Turn the melon 1/4 turn and slice vertically (cross last cuts)